Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Waiver Wire Wednesday: Post Week 8

I've been in hiding for a week. Running from a mountain of work and a hurricane that fortunately only knocked out my power for 36 hours, I'm ready to get back in the habit of writing fantasy football related articles. I'll admit that I am going to be extremely swamped over the next week with the end of the quarter and the coming presidential election (is anyone else out there as bloody excited as I am about this???), but I love writing fantasy and I love playing fantasy...even if the hurricane did take away my ability to watch some football this weekend. Without further ado, let's talk a little about waiver wire acquisitions for the second half of the season.

Cecil Shorts [12% owned] - If you are going to own a Jaguars wide receiver, it looks like Shorts is your guy. I doubt he will give you 10 points per game, but he should be a consistent contributor of at least 50 yards per game.

Titus Young [44% owned] - I missed basically an entire week of fantasy football news, and had no idea that Burleson broke his leg. If I'd known, I would have been grabbing Titus Young everywhere. He has to be the top waiver option this week.

Danny Amendola [57% owned] - I know his owned percentage is a little high, but that's probably because of guys like me who picked him up in all of their leagues before Sunday. The Rams are on BYE, but you aren't going to get him if you wait. This is one of your few opportunities to get a long term option off waivers.

Jonathan Dwyer [46% owned] - I'm not ready to trust Dwyer yet, but running backs are scarce and he might just be a valid option going forward. I would be surprised if his value increased from here.


Unfortunately, there isn't really anyone else I'm looking forward to picking up this week. I would consider offering trades for the players mentioned above (especially Amendola and Young). If they are going to be sitting on the bench for an opponent, they might be willing to part with them for cheap...especially since they didn't pay much for them in the first place.

Similarly, consider trading for players like Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback, Reggie Bush or C.J. Spiller at running back, Andre Roberts or Denarius Moore at WR, and Owen Daniels at TE.

No comments:

Post a Comment