Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 2 Waiver Wire Team

This is a fun little activity that will highlight one team of players that can help you for this week, in case you have already caught the injury bug. With so many big-name players questionable or out (Fred Jackson, Ryan Mathews, DeSean Jackson, Nate Washington, Jeremy Maclin, etc.) you could be looking at a pretty tough second week. Not to worry, this is a small listing of players who you can pick up this morning who other people will be scrambling to get off waivers come tomorrow evening. Last week I picked up Alfred Morris in 3 of my 5 leagues before gameday. Everyone on this list is at or below 10% owned in Yahoo! leagues.

QB - Kevin Kolb: Last week I had Blaine Gabbert listed as my 10th best quarterback. This week I am torn between starting Kolb or Ponder in this spot, but I think I have to give it to Kolb. Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts should be able to find some space against this New England secondary, and the fact that the Cardinals have no running game certainly helps Kolb to an extent. I think you can expect around 16 points from this scrub, meaning that you would have done better to start him than if you started Cutler or Rodgers on Thursday night (that was a surprise, huh).

RB1 - Dion Lewis: So there aren't really any great running backs here for you to grab, but if you have absolutely no other options and need a few points of production, Dion Lewis of the Eagles could have a few nice plays today. I wouldn't exactly feel confident playing him, but you really could do worse.

**RB1 - LaRod Stephens-Howling: So Lewis is inactive again, surprisingly, so go with Stevens-Howling if you must.

RB2 - Curtis Brinkley: He got enough carries to have an impact last game and couldn't really do anything with them. I think the Chargers must have had a reason, so why not take a chance on a guy who might just get 10 carries and 3 catches? Those touches are definitely worth owning, even if they don't come with any guaranteed production.

WR1- Andre Roberts: Mentioned in the piece on Kolb, Roberts gad five receptions and a touchdown in the first Cardinals game to go with a few rushing yards. I have been touting this guy as a potential breakout player while trying to make everyone see the folly in drafting Floyd. No one paid any attention and Roberts had a solid first game. No one believed in him and he's still on waivers. I don't think he is an awesome option, but he should have a fine game today. Looks are important, and he will definitely get some.

WR2 - Aldrick Robinson: With Pierre Garcon out, someone has to catch passes from RGIII. Robinson managed to haul in a few last week and looks to be a solid contributor this week. I don't see why 12 points is out of the equation here, and he should outproduce at least James Jones and Brandon Marshall.

FLEX - Donald Jones: I am drooling over the promise of this guy after Nelson went down. I think he could be in for a huge day against the Jets CB3 (Revis is out), and there is really very little risk here. I should have started this guy in the league that I started James Jones, but I can't go back and fix it now. I just have to roll with it and give you guys the advice I should have taken myself: Play Donald Jones.

TE - Scott Chandler: Given that TE is such a crap-shoot, there really aren't any solid tight ends left below 10% on the waivers. Chandler is relatively likely to score a touchdown with Nelson out, so I'm going to throw him out there...but whomever you already have or can get over 10%, get them instead.

K - Blair Walsh: So kicker is impossible to predict. Close your eyes and point to the screen: hopefully you point to this guy.

DEF - Washington: This front-seven looked spectacular against the Saints, so they should be able to make things happen against St. Louis. Sacks abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment